Location Lilongwe, Malawi
Start Date Sep – Nov 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 7 Months
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
Due to funder restrictions, support for accompanying partners/dependents is not available for this placement.
The Volunteer's Role
We are searching for a passionate volunteer to help improve best practices and provide quality administrative support for our SANI Project in Malawi.
The Southern Africa Nutrition Initiative (SANI) Project in Malawi aims to improve nutritional outcomes in women of reproductive age (15-49) and children under 5 years of age. The project is implemented through a partnership between CARE, Cuso International, the Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD), McGill University, and the Government of Malawi.
As a Business Development Advisor, you will help strengthen communications, reporting, and business development capacity of staff and partners, including the development of human-interest stories and donor reports. Additionally, you will support SANI-related administrative, planning and monitoring activities at the field and head office level.
Apply for this position, and let's make a difference together!
As a volunteer, you will:
- Develop, share, and train others in the development of best practices, success stories, and reports for the SANI project
- Support concept note development and donor liaising in the proposal development process to broaden CARE Malawi's program portfolio
- Increase business development capacity within the Malawi Country Office - Provide nutrition policy direction and guidance to key stakeholders
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Social Sciences or related field
Essential Professional Background:
- Demonstrated work experience with proposal development, program implementation
- Familiarity with Results-Based Management tools and proposal development processes
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for the pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
Senior Project Manager, Enterprise Solutions Hamilton, ON Are you a proven leader and excel at managing teams? Do you enjoy initiating, co-ordinating and delivering on high-level city projects? If so, an engaging career opportunity with the City of
The Operations Analyst plays a key role in providing ongoing support and process improvements to the TMX Post-Trade Operations of The Canadian Depository for Securities (CDS).Department Overview: The Operations Governance & Oversight group develops
As part of the Safran Landing Systems Canada Compliance Department, the Compliance Coordinator reports directly to the Manager of Export Controls and Compliance and shall assist in and coordinate various compliance related tasks within
CHAPLAIN/SPIRITUAL CARE PRACTITIONER (Part-Time Contract) - McCall Centre for Continuing Care Candidates are invited to apply for the Part-time Contract position of Chaplain & Spiritual Care Practitioner at our 141 bed facility located in