Calling all Medical Office Assistants! If you thrive working in a medical environment while providing top quality patient care we have career opportunities for you at Interior Health! Interior Health is proud to be recognized as one of BC's Top 100 Employers. We work together as a team and strive to provide the safest, highest quality care possible. Every employee is part of this, from the professionals on the front line to the extensive network behind the scenes.
We have casual, relief (part time, full time) and permanent (part time,full time) positions available throughout the Interior Health region with multiple vacancies in:
Wages for these opportunities are dependent on position and schedule.
Enjoy the flexibility to experience everything Interior Health has to offer while working hours that suit your lifestyle!
Who Are We Looking For?
We are seeking individuals with experience working in clinical setting willing to bring their transferrable skills to Interior Health.
What Will You Work On?
In this role you will perform a variety of medical office assistant and clerical duties such as:
• registering patients, scheduling and confirming appointment & answering telephones
• general correspondence, record keeping, note charting, reports, medical billings, data entry and word processing
• graphic and database applications
• compiling and entering statistical information, recording, transcribing and typing forms and correspondence.
• balance and check revenue transactions
• maintain medical/surgical supplies and equipment and other resource material.
Clinical support for this role may include:
• escorting patients to examination/treatment rooms and ensuring appropriate instruments, procedure trays or other supplies are set up;
• attending sensitive examination procedures and treatments; routine measurements - weight, BMI calculations, eye exams, urinalysis.
• cleaning and sterilizing medical equipment and instruments as well as delivery and disposal of supplies, biological, material and equipment will also be a part of this integral role.
What should your application include?
-A current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution;
-A Medical Office Assistant Certificate;
-A current valid BC Driver’s License;
-A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
Applicants who do not have a valid Medical Office Assistant certificate (or Administrative experience combined with Medical Terminology) and a Typing Test may still be considered, with these requirements being completed prior to employment.
Typing tests can be completed online through many B.C. colleges and universities.
Medical Terminology courses are available online through St. John Ambulance Canada or Canadian Red Cross.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
Come and explore the Southern Interior of British Columbia!
The Southern Interior region offers a four-season playground with a wide range of recreation and outdoor adventure activities including golfing, camping, canoeing, hiking and biking in summer. Winter offers endless snowshoeing, snowmobiling, and both downhill and cross-country skiing.
If you are an experienced Medical Office Assistant and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Education, Training & Experience
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a Medical Office Assistant Certificate Program from an accredited Community College
• Two years recent related experience in a health care setting; Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test at 40 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
• Current valid BC Driver's License
**Equivalent experience may include one year or more working in an administrative, healthcare related, customer service or retail environment along with knowledge of Medical Terminology.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.